Skip to main content

I’m recuperating after being poisoned third time – Mr Ibu


Actor, John Okafor, aka Mr Ibu, has said he is currently in the hospital after being poisoned for the third time in about three years.

Speaking with Saturday Beats from his hospital bed, Ibu said, “I just got poisoned again. It seems my enemies are using me to rehearse (their powers). This time, I wasn’t poisoned in the village. I was poisoned in Abuja last week at an entertainment event. I really cannot explain how I was poisoned because it was a gathering of people, though it was not a big event.”

Though he sounded weak, the actor maintained that he was getting better. He said, “I am recuperating, although I have neither worked out nor driven since I got ill. However, I intend to take a walk this (Friday) evening, because I am hopeful that I would get better. I am eating well now, and I’m prepared to go back on set any moment from now.”

Mr Ibu also bashed those soliciting for funds on his behalf without his consent. He said, “Some people have sold me. They have not heard from me and all they want to do is ‘sell me’. But, their plans won’t work because God has raised me up. I am not begging anybody for money. My condition is not as critical as some people are making it seem. Anybody who has made it a point of duty to talk about my sickness and take advantage of it should stop. I am here (hospital) with my wife. I am not saying all my friends that are supposed to visit me and bring me money cannot do that. But, I have never asked anyone to beg people for money on my behalf. They should stop. If I want to die, I would let them know, since they seem to be so interested.”

Back in 2019, the actor had alleged that some members of his staff were paid by his kinsmen to kill him because of his successful career.

Meanwhile, leaders of the Actors Guild of Nigeria paid a visit to Ibu at the Zenith Medical Centre, Abuja, on Friday.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.


Source: PUNCH


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALMAJIRI IS NOT MEANT FOR ALMS BEGGING

ALMAJIRI IS NOT MEANT FOR ALMS BEGGING. By YUSUF ALHAJI YUSUF     Almajiri is a Hausa word that refers to itinerant children in search of knowledge or Quranic education. It is a system of Islamic education practiced in northern Nigeria. Also, it was derived from an Arabic word, rendered "Al-Muhajirun" meaning a person who leaves his home in search of Islamic knowledge.     During the precolonial era, Almajiri was formerly called Tsangaya. It was established under the Kanem Borno Empire, one of the oldest ruling empires in the world extending from the frontiers of northern Nigeria across the Chadian region up to the borders of Libya.     It was established as an organized and comprehensive system of education for learning Islamic principles, values, jurisprudence and ultimately the recitation and memorization of the glorious Quran which became Islamic learning centres in all Muslim communities.     It is a worthy of note that the syst...

EPL: John Barnes hands Man United name of player to sign this summer

Click on the link below for full details; EPL: John Barnes hands Man United name of player to sign this summer

EPL: Klopp names world’s best coach ahead of Man City clash

Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, has named his Manchester City counterpart, Pep Guardiola, as the best coach in the world. Klopp made these remarks on Friday during his press conference, ahead of this weekend’s trip to the Etihad. “Pep is the best coach in the world. “I think we would all agree on that and it might be a coincidence that it didn’t work out in the Champions League so far. "If anybody doubts him, I have no idea how that could happen,” he said. Ahead of Sunday’s meeting, City lead Liverpool, who have won their last 10 Premier League games, by just one point. Source: DAILY POST